After graduating from Eastern Mennonite, Ms. Clymer worked for several years in sales, most notably at Grand Home Furnishings in Harrisonburg, Virginia before deciding to return to school and pursue a degree in the law.
Ms. Clymer was admitted to and attended Elon University School of Law in Greensboro, NC beginning in 2010. During her third year at Elon, Ms. Clymer interned at Legal Aid of North Carolina as well as the District Attorney's Office in Alamance County. Ms. Clymer graduated from Elon with her Juris Doctor in May of 2013 and passed the Virginia Bar Exam later that year.
In 2014, Ms. Clymer was hired to work as an Assistant Commonwealth's Attorney for the County of Rockingham and the City of Harrisonburg. Between August of 2014 and December of 2017, Ms. Clymer honorably served the citizens of Rockingham County and Harrisonburg prosecuting hundreds of felony and misdemeanor cases in the Circuit, District and Juvenile and Domestic Relations Courts.
During her time with the Office of the Commonwealth's Attorney, Ms. Clymer prosecuted cases involving nearly every type of misdemeanor and felony charge to include: traffic infractions, DUI and other alcohol related crimes, malicious wounding and other types of assault, burglary, larceny, fraud, forgery, possession and distribution of marijuana and other narcotics, as well as various crimes involving the illegal possession or use of firearms.
Areas of Practice
- Criminal Law
- Virginia, 2013
- Elon University School of Law, Greensboro, North Carolina
- Juris Doctor - 2013
- Honors: Dean’s List Spring 2013
- Eastern Mennonite High School
- Eastern Mennonite University
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 2002
- Major: English Literature
- Major: History
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Virginia State Bar Association
- Rockingham County/Harrisonburg Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney for Rockingham County and the City of Harrisonburg, Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney, 2014 - 2017
- Grand Home Furnishings, Sales, 2004 - 2010